Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Out and About

“This is my wish for you: Comfort on difficult days, smiles when sadness intrudes, rainbows to follow the clouds, laughter to kiss your lips, sunsets to warm your heart, hugs when spirits sag, beauty for your eyes to see, friendships to brighten your being, faith so that you can believe, confidence for when you doubt, courage to know yourself, patience to accept the truth, Love to complete your life.”

We are out.

Out of the nest.

First big trip away from home, and so far....so good.

I am blogging from my iPad and I will be honest....I do not like it. I am going to keep this little post short!
We started our big trip out with a wedding in my college stomping grounds of Athens, Georgia. Go Dawgs!! Some wedding it was! It was fabulous. Perfect. Beautiful. So much fun in fact that I will have to blog about it more when we return home next week.











Now?

We are at the beach.




We are currently enjoying the sugary sand beaches of Florida! This trip has been just what the doctor ordered. We are enjoying each other, relaxing, and loving our little angel.







People told us to get away together...and we totally see why.

We may be away, but he is always with us. Yes, there may be only two sets of footprints in the sand when we would like for there to be three. He is not physically here, but he is here. We know it and we can feel it. That third set of footprints is on our hearts, and we will always be carrying him with us. Always and Forever.




We love you and miss you like crazy sweet angel Jackson!!!

We are having what we like to call a strict "No plan plan" week, and it is glorious. He is currently delivering some amazing weather and 100% sun!




Today we are off to eat lunch in one of my all time favorite places....Seaside! Every time you blink it is photo! Talk to me about a photography playground! I feel some good therapy coming on today :)

Then a little shopping, dinner and after that.....

I plan on whipping this guys tail at putt-putt.




Friends, I am asking you to come back on Monday, June 25 for a very special Footprints and Hope announcement. This is something that is very near and dear to my heart. Our son is doing amazing work and is working those angel wings!! You are going to want to hear about this, and you will want to be a part of it!! We are excited to share this story with everyone! Here is a hint- scholarship fund.

Monday, June 25. Do it.

Go Jackson Go!!

Our son is a rock star angel, you know.

Back to beach land and loving our angel.

Love,
Emily and Russ





4 comments:

  1. Emily and Russ, your story is so heartbreaking,
    yet your writing, and pictures are beautiful.
    Please accept both my sympathy for your huge loss, and my wish for peace and comfort for you all on your journey forward.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have FUN!

    Hugs,
    Vicki R
    sunraesban@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emily and Russ,
    It was so great to see you this weekend and I am so happy you guys are having a nice, relaxing time at the beach. I saw this quote this morning, thought of you guys and Jackson....and smiled.

    Our angels are here to help us and by calling on them for assistance they are able to do their job.

    All my love,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Can't wait for Monday's announcement :-)
    The picture of the kayaks just took me straight back to our GI days and the LIT's carrying them out to the beach in the mornings!!!

    ReplyDelete